Friday, November 25, 2011

This Doing Nothing is Making Me Tired

"This doing nothing is making me tired."





I'll give you one guess as to who said this: (tick, tick, tick...ding, ding, ding)


As a second-year law student with three kids, this clearly was not me. Rather, Scott, today on his second day off and realizing he still has two more days off says: "Wow...this doing nothing is making me tired". Love him.





I, on the other hand have been frantically outlining fourteen weeks of cases and notes in preparation for finals. I have two out of the three outlines completed; one more to go. My goal is to have it done by Monday. I will be very happy when this semester is over. I'm tired.





Thanksgiving



Our Thanksgiving was fabulous! Circumstances (i.e. my upcoming finals) lead to us staying in Columbus. I missed my extended family, but Scott and I and the kids had a really great day. We cooked (yes, WE. I made my holiday-famous green bean casserole) just the right amount of food which included: green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, collard greens, stuffing, rolls, and an amputated turkey. Yum.


Kids peeling potatoes



The Amputated Turkey

Scott bravely asked me to go the store on Tuesday to use his gift certificate his company gave him for a free turkey. I proudly, as the wannabe-stay-at-home-June-Cleaver-wife, accepted my responsibility. While at Kroger, I saw three bins of frozen turkeys. I glance, skim, and select. We proceed to the checkout where I successfully use the gift certificate for a free turkey. #success

Fast forward to Thanksgiving morning:

Me to Scott: "That turkey looks funny."

Scott: "Hmmm." Scott: "Um, honey you bought a turkey breast."

Me: "What does that mean?"

Scott: "No dark meat."

Me: "Is that ok?"

Scott: "Yeah, but I like the dark meat."

Me: "Oh...well...that's ok, right?."

In my mind: "OMG...I feel terrible. I am so lucky this man puts up with me!" #Fail!





Despite our turkey's legs being amputated, the turkey was delicious! Several hours later, Scott confessed that he was now over the fact that he wouldn't be eating a juicy turkey leg, thigh, or wing this Thanksgiving.

Me to Scott: "I feel really bad about that sorry."

Scott: "Yeah, that kinda sucked."

In my mind: "Oh, I thought we were past that."

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope your day was filled with laughter, family, friends, love and an abundance of things to be thankful for, including dark meat on your turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment