Thursday, November 17, 2011

Feeling a little nostalgic

This week has been busy as usual. I keep thinking (hoping?) today is Friday, but quickly reminded that I have one more day to get through the week. I am looking forward to this weekend: My cousin, Rachel, is coming to visit! Yay! I've been outlining and reading like a mad law student lady to get ahead of my assignments so that I can enjoy the weekend. After this week, I have one more week of class...OMG!


I'm starting to feel a little (emphasize little) better about finals. My outlines are just about done (except for editing, but editing helps me learn). I don't know all of the rules and concepts yet, but I know in the next three weeks I will. One thing about my second year is that I am now confident that my brain can in fact absorb the astronomical amount of information that my professors shove into our minds. My brain will not only absorb it, but I can understand it and apply it.


I met with the Office of Professional Development yesterday. What a good meeting! The director seems to be very positive about my non-traditional approach to using a J.D. He gave me some great ideas and is going to give me some contacts of people who are doing what I want to do. The talk rejuvenated me and reminded me of why I am here in the first place. My personal career goals have been buried by contracts, torts, evidence, and my classmates' bulldozer approach to getting into the biggest and most well-known law firms. That's not me and after my talk with the director yesterday, I am reminded of that, who I am, and what I want to accomplish.

So to the nostalgic part (I got side tracked): I found old pictures on Scott's computer yesterday. We've had his computer for several years, so there were lots of pictures of Jackson and Aida as a baby. OMG...time has flown by! I miss those two being so young! So here are a few of the pictures I found:





Aida about 6 months


Aida about 12 months



Jackson (and us as a family of 3) about 18 months. Doesn't he look like Ivie?



Jackson around 18-20 months




Jack about 6 months with Nana.

No comments:

Post a Comment