Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Back from Chicago

After a wonderful visit with my aunt, cousins, and uncle, we are back from Chicago. My aunt and uncle spoiled everyone: Aunt Lisa catered to Aida's every wish and Ivie's butt never touched the ground. My mom and I were spoiled with fresh meats and fishes, 14-year old wines, and Starbucks coffee every morning. I got home and decided that my $10.00 bottles of wine and frozen fish are no good. My wine suddenly tastes like vinegar. Scott says thanks, Uncle Julian.

Aida with my cousin Shelby and her niece Olivia.

Saturday night, I hung with the big dogs: My younger cousins. Soooo.... I used to pride myself on my ability to party, hang out to wee hours of the morning and do a bit of drinking, then get up the next morning like nothing happened. NOT ANYMORE. The main purpose of the Chicago trip was to celebrate my younger cousin's 21st birthday. I wasn't just on the planning committee; I was the planning committee. I organized dates, sleeping arrangements, and participants. So when 11 p.m. rolled around and I still a) hadn't had a drink and b) were still waiting to go out, and I was ready to call it a night and go to sleep, I was kindly told "No Way!" and handed a Red Bull and vodka. I'll admit, I had a blast. I was totally out of my 30-year-old-mother-of-three league, but I had a blast. I went to the club. I danced. I laughed.

Shelby (her gangsta face), Rachel (the birthday girl), and me (the mom).

Then I went home while the youngins went to the after bars (what???). I thought "Great. I can get back to my cousin's apartment and get to sleep before the riff raff gets home and keeps me up until 5 a.m.". So just as I was about to curl up in my cousin's awesome bed in his awesome downtown Chicago apartment...not just one, but four youngins come pounding on the door. To make a long story short...I went to bed at 5 a.m. and got up at 6:45 a.m. and I'm STILL trying to catch up. But, like I said, I. Had. A. Blast!

The awesome view from Adam's bedroom window.

I sadly started summer classes yesterday. A big gigantic BOO! I am not feeling it. One week in between the semester from hell and summer is simply not enough. I hope I get my law school mojo back soon.

The house is looking good and becoming more and more comfortable. I LOVE IT!

Aida came home to her room painted pink and purple.

Tomorrow is kindergarten graduation: Tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment