Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Magical"

The kids and I were blessed with a Disney vacation last week. My dad (stepdad) graciously planned and booked a week in Orlando for the three little Ws and me. Scott didn't go with us, which honestly was probably a good thing; I'm not sure Scott W could have politely endured the long lines, parade of abruptly stopping strollers, the over use of the word "magical" and just the overall happiness and magic blanketing Disney. He's a people person - just on his own time.

So the kids and I boarded a jet plane with G-Dad to "magical" Orlando for a six-day trip to Disney.

Ivie's first plane ride.
Let me tell you what Disney is not: Relaxing or cheap.

The kids had a blast. It was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for my children to experience Mickey, Cinderella, Rupenzel, Daisy, Donald, Alice, Mary Poppins', Pooh, Eyore, Tigger the Pooh (Ivie's name for the bouncing tiger who scared that hell out of her), Piglet, Rafiki, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, 3-D shows, Star Tours, Indiana Jones, etc....................... The rides were exciting and shows were best in class.

As an adult, I enjoyed seeing my children so happy and so in awe of the what is Disney. The Disney staff was so happy and helpful and genuinely seemed happy that my little broad of curtain-crawling-crumb snatchers were invading their kingdom and vising their park. My girls were greeted by everyone as "Princess" which for girls who really think they are princesses was not unordinary, but overdue.  Aida's eager acceptance of the term princess led me to believe that she believes she should be addressed this way everyday - not just at Disney.  All of the kids loved the rides and even this mama, who hasn't been on a roller coaster in fifteen years, secretly enjoyed the jolting, jerking, stomach flipping coasters.

So that was Disney in three paragraphs or less. The video below is Disney in ten seconds or less and a few pictures of our "magical" six days! Enjoy!!!!


















And Ivie let a complete stranger hold her for fireworks...Disney really is magical.



No comments:

Post a Comment