Friday, March 18, 2011

Hanging Out in Peoria, IL

The Weidner group is currently hanging out in Peoria, IL, watching basketball, drinking beer (those of us over the age of 21), playing Rock Band, and having a great time. Some of Scott's high school and college friends get together every year to watch March Madness (I'm currently sitting in the basement with five TVs in front of me, all with a different game showing) and drink beer. Since we now live in Ohio, we were only six hours away from Peoria and could make the drive. We got in last night about 11:30 p.m. The drive was uneventful and not too long. The laughs haven't stopped since we walked in the door (except for Scott and Aida who are currently napping).

We have officially been in the house one week. The move last weekend went very smoothly. A BIG HUGE THANK YOU to Don, Sharon, my dad, Janell, Tony, Marc, and Angela for helping us with the move. Without all of the help, the rental would not be completely cleaned out and also cleaned up...so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

So far, we LOVE the house! It is so cozy and spacious. The garage is still filled with boxes and there is miscellaneous clutter everywhere, but slowly we are putting things away. I am very anxious to start painting and decorating; the house has so much potential.

I am officially on Spring Break, which means a break in classes, but not a break in studying and working on a paper and my outlines. My Legal Research and Writing professor conveniently assigned a research memo due in two weeks. The outline is due March 28th. I am thankful to have a week of not having to go to class. This semester has gone really fast; I only have about four more weeks of classes.

So that is it. I guess I should go check on my kids who have been playing with five other kids ages eight to eighteen months.

(I have posted a few pictures of the clutter on my other blog. Click HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment